When we send you to an interview, we make sure you have all the information you need. Here are some tips to make your interview that much more successful.
1. The three P’s: Prompt, Professional, Personable: Arrive with a comfortable time margin, wearing exactly what the interviewer considers appropriate and in a pleasant mood. The moment you walk into that office, treat every person you see as the interviewer.
2. Say it without “saying it”: So you want them to know you are great at cold calling for new business? You’ll better make that point by offering actual examples where you’ve done that versus telling them how good you are. Examples beat proclamations!
3. Get the story: There is a specific reason this job exists, and your job at the interview is to learn why. Only when you are clear on the nature of the problem can you then position yourself as the right solution.
4. Do your research: Know just about everything about a company and the people you’ll be interviewing with. Good research is flattery and a (not so subtle) way to distinguish you from the competition.
5. Ask for the business: You really want this job? Then tell them–and don’t be afraid of the answer. Leave no stone unturned, nor any point unclear. Confidence, with just the right amount of humility and respect, will go a very long way to getting the job you want.
What People Say About AC Lion
SVP Advertising Programs at Madison Logic
North American Head of Media at Essence
Senior Associate, Forecasting at Magna Global
Account Executive at KIN Community
Director of Sales at Conversant, LLC
Director, Display Agency Services at Yahoo
Sales Manager at Sizmek
CRM/Loyalty Marketing at Paltalk
VP, Eastern Regional Sales Director at Adara Media
Senior Associate at WIT Strategy
Sales Manager at Thinknear by Telenav
Senior Account Executive at Qualia
Sales Development Representative at Upstream Commerce
Director of Sales at CAKE
Sr. Marketing Manager at VeriFone
Director Corporate Learning at 2logical