Resumé Writing Tips
Not sure your resumé does the job? Look over these suggestions. If you are still not sure, you can turn to a resumé writer. We recommend GetInterviews. They provide a great free resumé critique service for professionals making a minimum of $50,000 a year. And a great guarantee–interviews in 30 days or they rewrite your resumé for free!
1. The resumé gets the interview, not the job: Avoid listing everything you have ever done. More is not necessarily better. The key? Relevance over transparency.
2. Write your resumé with a sense of upward mobility: Your resumé is the store of your career’s evolution and progression. Define the constancy in the jobs you’ve taken and the results you generated, and most importantly, maintain this message throughout the resume.
3. Stick with power sentences and bullets: Avoid fluff and don’t make the reader work too hard to find the value statements. Short sentences and bullets take control of the resumé—make the initial visual scan easy for the reader.
4. Quantify, quantify, quantify: A resumé without numbers is like a baseball player without a batting average. Don’t just say you did it–show you did it.
5. Visual formatting–lead the reader’s eyes along your resumé: Use indentations to isolate valuable subpoints. Use bolding within the body of the resumé to highlight words or numbers of value.
6. Write the resumé they need to see, not the resumé you want to write: Every position is created to solve a problem. The resumé that addresses the problem at hand will make an impact.
What People Say About AC Lion
SVP Advertising Programs at Madison Logic
North American Head of Media at Essence
Senior Associate, Forecasting at Magna Global
Account Executive at KIN Community
Director of Sales at Conversant, LLC
Director, Display Agency Services at Yahoo
Sales Manager at Sizmek
CRM/Loyalty Marketing at Paltalk
VP, Eastern Regional Sales Director at Adara Media
Senior Associate at WIT Strategy
Sales Manager at Thinknear by Telenav
Senior Account Executive at Qualia
Sales Development Representative at Upstream Commerce
Director of Sales at CAKE
Sr. Marketing Manager at VeriFone
Director Corporate Learning at 2logical